Prototype is opening a new roastery and tasting room in the Strathcona neighbourhood in Vancouver this summer, and we’re putting together a team!
At Prototype, staff members will be expected to be a welcoming and knowledgeable presence in the tasting room while brewing, roasting, and serving coffee at a high level of precision as well as fulfilling online and wholesale orders.
All staff will learn about the mechanics of coffee roasting, and will be expected to speak thoughtfully with customers about a large number of coffees (sourcing, processing, roasting, etc). Staff will also be trained to taste and evaluate coffee as well as troubleshoot roast profiles and brewing recipes. Excellent long-term staff may be trained to roast.
We’re looking for people who:
- Care about providing excellent customer service and creating a hospitable and welcoming space
- Are organized, thoughtful, and care about the details
- Appreciate coffee and are interested in sourcing, roasting, brewing, and serving it
- Are enthusiastic about learning new things
- Communicate well
No previous coffee experience is necessary, but whether you have experience or not, we are looking for people who are open and excited to learn new things.
We will give preference to applicants available for at least 1 year of full time work (32-40 hours per week) but may consider part time and temporary applicants as well. Non-Canadian applicants must hold an immigration status that allows them to work in Canada.
Please include in your application:
- Your resume
- A short cover letter that describes an exceptional customer service experience you received or that you provided (maximum 500 words).
If you’re interested in working with us, please email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Prototype Job Application”.
Jobs will begin mid-June to early July 2019; interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis in the next few weeks.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Prototype Coffee Inc.